Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Support for Windows XP is ending on April 8th, 2014. Are you ready?


Support for Windows XP is ending on April 8th, 2014. Less than 3 weeks away. Are you ready? Is your business ready? If you’re still running a Windows XP computer after Microsoft no longer supports or provides updates for XP, your risking catastrophe. Let me paraphrase from this great article:

“When Microsoft releases a security update, security researchers and criminals will often times reverse engineer the security update in short order in an effort to identify the specific section of code that contains the vulnerability addressed by the update. Once they identify this vulnerability, they attempt to develop code that will allow them to exploit it on systems that do not have the security update installed on them. They also try to identify whether the vulnerability exists in other products with the same or similar functionality. For example, if a vulnerability is addressed in one version of Windows, researchers investigate whether other versions of Windows have the same vulnerability.  To ensure that our customers are not at a disadvantage to attackers who employ such practices, one long standing principle that the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) uses when managing security update releases is to release security updates for all affected products simultaneously.  This practice ensures customers have the advantage over such attackers, as they get security updates for all affected products before attackers have a chance to reverse engineer them.

But after April 8, 2014, organizations that continue to run Windows XP won’t have this advantage over attackers any longer.  The very last month that Microsoft releases security updates for supported versions of Windows, attackers will reverse engineer those updates, find the vulnerabilities and test Windows XP to see if it shares those vulnerabilities.  If it does, attackers will attempt to develop exploit code that can take advantage of those vulnerabilities on Windows XP.  Since a security update will never become available for Windows XP to address these vulnerabilities, Windows XP will essentially have a “zero day” vulnerability forever.  How often could this scenario occur?  Between July 2012 and July 2013 Windows XP was an affected product in 45 Microsoft security bulletins, of which 30 also affected Windows 7 and Windows 8.” 

This is scary stuff for those people running XP after April 8th.

What are your options? Depending on your need or budget you have a couple choices. Anyway you go you have to upgrade your current PC to Windows 7 or 8. The support doesn’t end for those until 2020 & 2023. Here are your options:
  • Keep your current PC and upgrade the operating system to Windows 7 or 8. This is the least expensive but may not be the most logical if your PC is older. You can always add more RAM to improve speed and upgrade the hard drive etc. Also your files (pictures, music, and documents) would need to be backed up and recovered after the installation is complete. 
  • Replace your existing PC with a new one that has windows 7 or 8 already installed. This gives you a complete hardware upgrade to go along with your newer operating system. Things will run faster, better and longer than your old PC.
  • Upgrade your PC to Linux / an open source operating system. If you are asking what “Linux” or “Open “Source” is then this option is definitely not for you. These types of operating system while free to use require technical skills usually above and beyond the average user.
  • And finally there is the do nothing option. If your running XP to support programs or devices and have no other way of doing so, then continuing to use XP is a must. I would permanently disable the internet from the machine and allocate it strictly to serving the purpose you need.
How can we help? We are offering a service special for people wanting to migrate from Windows XP or Windows Vista to Windows 7. we will:
  • Backup your entire account of user files
  • Install Windows 7
  • Install all available system updates
  • Install antivirus, anti-malware and system cleaner tools with instructions to use
  • Restore your entire user account of files
  • Pick up and return setup is included as needed
  • All inclusive price of only $169 ($199 regularly)
We also have numerous refurbished PC's for sale with Windows 7 & 8 already installed. We can even move all your user files to a newer PC for you. Call for availability.



Call now to setup an appointment (402) 812-5130
Visit www.specialtouchcomputers.com to learn more



42 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Information and share this great post with us.
    laptop repairs mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. compare mobile recycling
    Good info, thank you towards the writer. It's incomprehensive in my experience right now, however in common, the actual effectiveness as well as importance is actually mind-boggling. Many thanks once again as well as best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, I use Apple, and I like it. But, my work actually runs on PCs so I have a laptop that might need repair when that time comes. You guys repair stuff like that, right?

    James | pc repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informative post about Windows XP session ending. Lot of PC & laptop has to be upgraded for latest version Win8.
    Computer Support in Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so ready for this. I held on to XP for as long as I could, I really loved that operating system. But I knew that once some of the kinks were worked out, Windows 8 would be king, and I was right. I couldn't have been happier to upgrade. Thiago | http://www.sandtronic.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very helpful. It presented me a number of ideas and I’ll be placing them on my blog eventually. I’m bookmarking your website and I’ll be back. Thank you again! get more information visit Laptop screen Repair for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi your blog is to nice and provides such a great info about Computer Repair in San Jose .I would like to thanks to share this blog with us.I want to continue with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that it is a great idea for computer repair services to know how to fix any and all makes, models, designs, and issues. That is very important to me and I know that not everyone can do or know everything. That is why you really need to pay attention and know these kind of things.
    Jak Manson | http://csoutlet.net/repair-services.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be the first to admit that I have serious problems when it comes to working on computers. I've been trying to fix mine for a while now, and haven't had any success. This helped me understand what to look for in a quality PC repair service, and I look forward to finally being able to get my PC fixed.

    http://www.laptoprepairs.com/computer-repair.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so ready for this. I held on to XP for as long as I could, I really loved that operating system. But I knew that once some of the kinks were worked out, Windows 8 would be king, and I was right. I couldn't have been happier to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really rough news, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I don't know a lot about computers, and I always really struggled any time that mine had a problem. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out my XP problems by myself for the next couple of months. https://www.davescomputersinc.com/computer-repair-florida/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been very good with computers and I don't always understand them.When I don't know what to do with my computer I always call my friend to come look at it because he is very good with computer, unlike me. This post was very helpful in explaining different options for Windows Microsoft. I'm glad that there are people who know how to fix problems with computers!

    Amber Johnson | https://www.davescomputersinc.com/computer-repair-florida/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Windows XP. I felt I really learned a lot about computers while I was using that OS. It's had a most excellent run. I guess I'll need to go to the local repair shop and look for a new OS! Or can the newest ones simply be downloaded these days? Thiago | https://www.davescomputersinc.com/computer-repair-venice-fl/

    ReplyDelete
  14. My computer speakers started to short and cut out. I tried to fix it myself but ended up making it worse. Luckily I found a computer repair shop that fixed my speakers and the other stuff I broke on my computer. http://www.smartchoicepc.com/#!services

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never been tech savvy. I have a PC and I feel like I am still learning how to work it. It is hard for me when they change programs like the Windows XP because I have to adjust to other programs when they switch. http://www.azvalleygeeks.com/Services/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to know about new things with helping concept. Thanks for This given information is very effective.Hope you always write this blog. I will keep update with the same.
    http://www.myitkart.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Appealing information you have provided. It gained me more knowledge and idea. Please keep up the good because i like the way you are writing. Thanks!

    nexussupplies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its nice to promote your business by contact IT Consultants New York and genrate revenu for your company.more info
    contact : www.scssnys.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes!! This was the thing I was searching for, pretty great…. computer repair Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome work! That is quite appreciated. I hope you’ll get more success.Computer Recyclers

    ReplyDelete
  21. This doesn’t apply to me personally but I would be interested in seeing how it affected others. It does seem a bit scary for anyone who it applies to. Interesting post. Onsite Computer Repair

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very informative your blog info, i know one more info about computer repair, you can visit here: Computer Repair in Delray Beach

    ReplyDelete
  23. Important article you have shared,these tips are important for computer repair.
    Online computer repair

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic, eloquent post, I really enjoyed reading it.

    Tulle Spool

    ReplyDelete
  25. i need a really good one that you don't have to buy because i have no more at all so i need a totally free safe software to fix all computer problems i have asap
    computer hardware shop

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's really a good share about "computer repair" ,..Thanks for this help,.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for this perfect article,.it's too good,.
    "PC Repair Shop Uses"

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great informative stuff i really appreciate you for sharing brief technical information on support for wondows. if any one need Long Island Computer Repair then just follow the link Queens Computer Repair

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
    cheap mechanical keyboards

    ReplyDelete
  30. Important article you have shared,these tips are important for computer repair.It helped me a lot.

    computer repairs

    ReplyDelete
  31. I read your article and I found it worthy. Thank you for sharing it.

    custom pc builds

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very well written article. Thank you for sharing this interesting information with us.

    Calgary web design

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting i have bookmarked you, hopefully you keep posting new stuff, many thanks
    it consulting west palm beach

    ReplyDelete
  34. I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for the exceptional service you provided for my laptop. Your professionalism, expertise, and efficiency have truly made a positive impact on my experience. Laptop service
    laptop chip level repairing course near me

    ReplyDelete
  35. You're welcome! Empower your business, streamline your processes, and experience a service that goes beyond your expectations.If you have any need further help with training, feel free to ask anytime!mobile hardware repairing course
    mobile technician course near me

    ReplyDelete